Of the three body types defined by Dr. William Sheldon, the mesomorph is the ideal body, considered to be “genetically gifted,” and it quite often comes with a personality to match.
With a strong, muscular and athletic physique, the classic mesomorph body type carries a lot of lean muscle mass and features broad shoulders. Men may have a V-shaped body while women have a body resembling an hourglass.
Because they are born muscular and develop athletic bodies naturally, many things come easy to mesomorphs. This can have a direct influence on their psychological development, too, so many of the following characteristics may be in evidence.
1. Social – Mesomorphs are typically very social people. They are able to interact with others without trying too hard. They are likeable and fun to be around.
2. Outgoing – Most mesomorphs are very outgoing. They enjoy going to parties and being in the company of other people. On the other hand, they rarely like to be alone.
3. Strong Willed – Mesomorphs are assertive and can be very hard to convince of anything. They will do what they like and will not tolerate others giving them orders. They do not like to be told what they can or cannot do.
4. Hot Tempered – A quick temper often characterizes mesomorphs. They may get angry easily, especially if pushed to the limit. Once they get angry, it can be very hard to calm them down and bring their emotions under control.
5. Active – As suits their body style, mesomorphs tend to be very active people. They usually do not lounge around and act lethargic. They like to be out and about.
6. Extremists at Times – It is not unusual for mesomorphs to take extreme positions on certain topics. They can be very passionate, fueled by the conviction of what they believe in. Mesomorphs may go to extreme lengths to prove to others that what they “know” is right.
7. Highly Competitive – Again, mesomorphs are natural athletes, so they are usually quite competitive with others, not only in sports but also in just about everything they do. They will do just about anything to win in the end.
8. Courageous – Because mesomorphs are athletic and muscular, they can also be very courageous. They enjoy challenges and are not afraid of doing something out of the ordinary. For example, the mesomorph body type is well suited to firefighters and armed forces personnel.
9. Adventure Seekers – Mesomorphs like a challenge. They enjoy the outdoors and love to play sports of all types. They like to try different things that push their skills to the edge and beyond. They will take risks.
10. Unafraid – Fear is not a factor in the life of most mesomorphs. Rarely scared of anything, they believe that they can tackle any situation or problem that comes their way. They do not get very emotional, worried or frightened by situations.
Knowing these traits can help a mesomorph get the most out of cavemen workouts. The key is to apply the positive attributes and keep concentrating on goals, testing limits and persevering. This unique personality is well suited to getting the physique you want.
- The Three Body Types: Ectomorph, Endomorph, Mesomorph
- What Mesomorphs Need to Know About Working Out
- 10 Physical Characteristics of a Mesomorph
Since you’re here …
… we’ve got a small favour to ask. More people are reading CAVEMENWORLD than ever, but few are paying for it. Advertising revenues across the media are falling fast. And unlike some othe organisations, we haven’t put up a paywall – we want to keep our articles open to all. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. CAVEMENWORLD’s independent, investigative journalism and graphics take a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our perspective matters – because it might well be your perspective, too.
If everyone who reads our reporting, who likes it, helps to support it, our future would be much more secure.