Wheatgrass is a great way to add dark greens to your diet and enjoy all of the benefits that it has to offer.
Wheatgrass is considered a vegetable. Pound for pound, it is twenty times denser in nutrients than other vegetables, and juicing wheatgrass unlocks even more nutrients.
Chlorophyll is the major benefit that we get from wheatgrass and it is considered the “blood of plants.” Chlorophyll can draw toxins from the body, soothe and heal tissue, and it is also antibacterial so it can kill harmful germs. It is high in oxygen, too, which offers the body tissue and brain the perfect environment to function in.
Benefits of Wheatgrass
Some of the superior benefits of wheatgrass include:
- Stimulates the thyroid
- Lowers blood pressure
- Increases red blood cell count
- Stimulates metabolism, cleanses the blood and organs
- Will restore the alkalinity of the blood
- Treats ulcers, constipation, colitis, diarrhea and other gastro complaints
- Fights tumors – recent studies have shown wheatgrass is powerful in fighting tumors without using toxic drugs
- Powerful detoxifier for the blood and liver
- Neutralizes toxic substances like mercury, nicotine, strontium, polyvinyl chloride and cadmium
- Raw wheatgrass contains beneficial enzymes
- When applied directly to the skin, it can immediately eliminate itching
- Gargle with it to sweeten breath and firm up gums
- It has been used in cancer treatments
- Heals burns, cuts, rashes, athlete’s foot, poison ivy, sunburns, scrapes, insect bites, open ulcers, sores, etc.
- Use as a disinfectant
- Turns gray hair back to its natural color
Wheatgrass Is Similar to Human Blood
One of the things that is so remarkable about chlorophyll is that it is very similar to human blood. Dr. Yoshihide Hagiwara from the Hagiwara Institute of Heath in Japan advocates the use of wheatgrass as medicine and food, and says that when it is absorbed into the human blood stream it turns into human blood, delivering nutrients to all of the cells of the body.
Just soaking in wheatgrass can double your red blood cell count. Interestingly, drinking wheatgrass rather than soaking in it doubles the absorption rate. Dr. Bernard Jenson, a well-known nutritionist, discovered as a blood builder wheatgrass is superior to all others.
You can purchase wheatgrass at your local market. It is preferable to buy organic wheatgrass, or why not grow your own. And you can also buy wheatgrass supplements if you prefer the convenience.
Since you’re here …
… we’ve got a small favour to ask. More people are reading CAVEMENWORLD than ever, but few are paying for it. Advertising revenues across the media are falling fast. And unlike some othe organisations, we haven’t put up a paywall – we want to keep our articles open to all. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. CAVEMENWORLD’s independent, investigative journalism and graphics take a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe our perspective matters – because it might well be your perspective, too.
If everyone who reads our reporting, who likes it, helps to support it, our future would be much more secure.